Comprehending new technologies and utilizing them in a creative manner is the key for developing innovative applications and effective IT services. Each year at Singular Logic, we invest a significant part of our turnover into R&D and into the development of new, pioneering methodologies and state-of-the-art technological tools. The European Projects Department of Singular Logic works on the design and implementation of innovative applications and platforms targeting different business sectors as well as on the engineering and management of business services.
The activities of the R&D Singular Logic team in Greece span over the following main different application areas:
- E-accessibility, health and independent living, which focuses on development of innovative ICT platforms and services that address societal challenges, such as active ageing and e-Inclusion through supporting older adults and disabled persons based on innovative information and communication technologies (ICT).
- Future Internet Enterprises, focusing on the deployment of Future Internet technologies (Internet of Services, Internet of Things, etc.) supporting all processes in supply chain environments such as sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, etc.
- Smart Cities, with an emphasis on the deployment of ICT technologies with data analytics capabilities in smart cities environments such as Smart Energy and Mobility.
- E-Government, focusing on the outsourcing of public services in the Cloud.
- E-learning, which focuses on innovative platforms and services for next-generation e-learning applications.
Apart from targeting specific application areas, European Projects department is active in the broader technological area of platform management services. Main research interests into that direction are described below:
- Platform management services, focusing on the management of IT services during their whole lifecycle. Part of the research focuses on the development of innovating platforms for future service ecosystems that rely on dynamic (elastic) IT infrastructures, notably Cloud Computing, considering Quality of Service (QoS) and security aspects.